Reduction in fuel consumption
REDUCTION IN FUEL CONSUMPTION BY UP TO 5%*
The use of EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel can bring a significant reduction in operating costs to professionals, by providing fuel efficiency and economy, reduced maintenance costs and extended lifetime of engine parts.
The combination of complete engine cleanliness (both clean up and keep clean effects), friction reduction and combustion improvement provides immediate fuel efficiency (up to 5% - see test beds and field-tests results) and economy.
Day after day, engines can get fouled and their performance is limited due to the accumulation of deposits affecting sensitive parts.
EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel contains new deposit control additives which clean the injectors – the vital organs in diesel engines – and keep them clean.
EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel might prevent up to 93%(1) of injector fouling. It can clean up as far as 45%(1) of existing fouling as from the second tank fill. Optimum fuel spray pattern and optimum fuel quantity (and timing) delivered to the combustion chamber are restored.
(1) In relation to a non-specifically additized fuel, tests performed in September 2013 with EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel STAR on a diesel engine on a test bench as per reference method CEC F-23-A-01. The results may vary with the type of engine.
Proven Results on field tests
Results of a test carried out in Morocco with CTM (2)
CTM is the Moroccan leader in passenger road transportation.
Tests were conducted on 18 selected vehicles that were assigned to specific routes totaling nearly 2,000 tankfills, 500,000 liters of fuel and 2 million kilometers. Altran, an independant body that is certified according to the ISO 9001 international standard, was entrusted with statistical processing of data. EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel demonstrated an average reduction of fuel consumption by 4.1%(3) at the end of the test period.
(2) Test conducted with EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel HT
(3) As compared to a fuel without specific additives; results obtained on the basis of a statistical study carried out in 2016 by the Altran Company on 18 vehicles. Results may vary according to vehicle type.
Results of a test carried out in Spain with D-BUS (4)
San Sebastian City Council, through Compañía del Tranvía de San Sebastián (d-bus), provides the public transport service to travellers in the city.
Tests were carried out in 2016 under real operating conditions on a fleet of buses from D-BUS, an urban public transportation company in Spain. EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel enabled an average consumption reduction of 2.4%(5). Statistical interpretation of the results was carried out on a population of 82 buses (MERCEDES-BENZ and MAN 12 and 18 meters buses). The distance covered represents more than 1.5 million kilometers for a consumption of almost 0.6 million liters of diesel.
(4) Test conducted with EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel STD
(5) In relation to a non-specifically additivated fuel, result obtained on the basis of a statistical analysis carried out in 2016 based on 82 buses. The results may vary depending on the type of vehicle.
Results of a test carried out in Canada with an agri-food enterprise (6)
Tests were carried out in 2016 under real operating conditions on a fleet of 11 trucks. EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel enabled an average consumption reduction of 5%(7). These tests were performed on vehicles operating in the area of Montreal and surroundings. The distance covered represents almost 0.1 million kilometers.
(6) Test conducted with EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel PLUS
(7) In relation to a non-specifically additivated fuel, result obtained on the basis of a statistical analysis carried out in 2016 based on 11 trucks. The results may vary depending on the type of vehicle.
Certified UTAC test
Fuel consumption reduction of up to 4.4% (8)
on a Euro 5 heavy duty vehicle after running on
EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel for 17,000 km.
A test program designed to measure the capacity of EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel to reduce heavy duty vehicle fuel consumption was carried out within the framework of the French Energy Savings Certificate system and was based on the test protocol presented in the project description form n° T965 in conjunction with form TRA-EQ-119. This program was carried out entirely by the UTAC-CERAM group, the body certified under international standard ISO 9001.
These tests demonstrated a reduction in fuel consumption of 4.4% (8) on a Euro 5 heavy duty vehicle after running on EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel for 17,000 km.
(8) A reduction in consumption in relation to a non-specifically additized fuel of 4.4% after 17,000 km measured by UTAC-CERAM (France) in May 2014 with EXCELLIUM Concentrate Diesel STAR on a Euro 5 heavy duty Vehicle in compliance with the test protocol of the Energy Saving Certificates TRA-EQ-119 body. The results may vary depending on the type of vehicle.
* In relation to a non-specifically additized fuel.